PlusCBD Oil is owned by CV Sciences (previously named CannaVest). CV Sciences is a Las Vegas, Nevada corporation that is publicly traded and worth nearly $400 million. CV Sciences was founded in 2010.
- CV Sciences was named one of top 5 CBD companies worldwide by the Brightfield Group. Brightfield Group creates industry reports and is one of the most reputable sources for understanding the CBD market.
- CV Sciences has a supply of over 500 acres of hemp and supplies products to over 4500 stores nationwide, including Krogers.
- CV Sciences has a pharmaceutical division that is developing synthetically derived CBD to treat medical conditions with FDA approval. Their research will help push the CBD industry forward.
- Our lab tests confirmed that the PlusCBD Oil Drops were full-spectrum and had CBD levels within 10% of advertised.
- CV Sciences was one of the first companies to receive the U.S. Hemp Authority Awards Seal.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- PlusCBD Oil has a “great” rating by consumers on Trustpilot.com.
- PlusCBD claims to manufacturer products in GMP certified facilities.
- PlusCBD Oil contracted a reputable firm to perform an extensive toxicology report and deem PlusCBD Oil as “Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)," which is a first for the CBD industry.
- PlusCBD Oil has inconsistent claims. PlusCBD Oil claims their CBD Oil Drops contains 80 servings of 3 mg of CBD each, which totals 240 mg of CBD. However, their website claims this product has 250 mg of CBD. They are rounding down, which is still accurate. However, consumers may question the reliability of a product if their serving info doesn't add up.
- CV Sciences’ founder and CEO was accused of fraud by the SEC for inflating stocks to the point where he became the first pot stock billionaire. “The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority warned investors back in August about marijuana stock scams, saying ‘the con artists behind marijuana stock scams may try to entice investors with optimistic and potentially false and misleading information,’” according to articles in Forbes.
- CV Sciences has investors linked to Medical Marijuana Inc., which also has a colorful past, which you can read about in our review of RSHO.
- An extensive internet search for “PlusCBD Oil,” “CV Sciences,” and “CannaVest,” found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or other unethical business practices (aside from the SEC accusation mentioned above).
Other Products by PlusCBD Oil
PlusCBD Oil offers CBD Oil Drops, balm, spray, capsules, gummies, and roll-ons.