Swanson is a behemoth of a supplement company that's been around since 1969. They’re located in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Swanson is a company that's built trust over more than 50 years. Many CBD companies launched within the last 50 days, in comparison.
- A+ Better Business Bureau Score.
- Swanson passed an FDA audit in 2019, where an extensive list of other supplement manufacturers failed.
- Swanson products have earned 12 top picks on Consumerlab.com.
- While Swanson’s Better Business Bureau score is excellent, they also have many complaints. Complaints mostly revolve around canceled orders without communication.
- “Poor” score on Trustpilot.com, with numerous consumer complaints about bad customer service. Again, consumers seem to enjoy Swanson products but not their customer service.
- Terrible consumer reviews on sitejabber.com.
- Labdoor.com has tested eight supplement lines by Swanson with mixed results. Most products tested well. However, their green tea supplement failed a purity test for lead and their magnesium supplement also failed a purity test.
- Consumerlab.com found two Swanson supplements with low potency and two supplements with lead contamination. Low potency and contamination problems are common in supplement companies this large. Overall, their Consumerlab.com scores are higher than most supplement companies.
- Our lab tests found that Swanson contained up to 31% more CBD than suggested by their label, which is a concern for people who need exact doses.
Other CBD Products by Swanson
Swanson offers CBD extract, capsules, and CBD balm.