About the company
Barlean’s was founded in 1989 as a maker of premium flax oils and has grown to produce over 70 products. They operate out of Ferndale, Washington.
- According to its LinkedIn page, Barlean’s has a long list of impressive awards as a supplement manufacturer.
- #1 Health Food Store Brand for Consumer Satisfaction- Consumer Lab
- U.S. Hemp Authority Awards Seal for quality, safety, and consistency.
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP) certified.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Barlean’s is a massive supplement company with a long history.
- Barlean’s is one of the first companies, if not the first, to make a USDA organic certified CBD hemp oil.
An extensive internet search for Barlean’s found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Please read this paragraph in the voice of Ron Swanson. Disregard the F grade by Center for Food Safety in 2019 (see below). The new 2020 Hemp CBD Score Card awarded Barlean’s an A score, which makes more sense. However, I maintain my stance that the Center for Food Safety rating system lacks substance. Furthermore, I would like to take this time to recognize the government’s lack of competence in both recognizing the value of hemp and evaluating the reliability of any hemp product. The government uses your tax dollars effectively.
Barlean’s received an F grade by the Center for Food Safety for organic farming, testing, and transparency. I’ve read this report and disagree entirely.
The lousy score came mainly from Barlean’s not responding to their questionnaire. They didn’t even lab-test the companies that they were rating for transparency. Instead, they relied on the tests that the CBD companies provided (LOL). If you look at my industry report, most of the companies that tested the worst also came with inaccurate lab reports and that’s the entire reason I test lab products at CBD Examine.
Barlean’s has one of the first and only organic certification for CBD, they’re transparent and provide lab results. This article explains many of the flaws of the Hemp CBD Scorecard.
Other CBD Products by Barlean’s
Barlean’s offers CBD hemp extract, USDA organic CBD hemp extract, CBD soft gels, and an emulsified CBD (chocolate mint) for better absorption.