About the company
Charlotte’s Web was founded in 2012 by seven brothers in Denver, Colorado. Charlotte’s Web leads the market of hemp-based CBD products and the company is now public on the Canadian Securities Exchange.
- Charlotte’s Web is famous for treating the epilepsy of a girl named Charlotte Figi, which you can learn about in this documentary.
- Charlotte’s Web has a case study for its success in treating epilepsy, which started a massive movement for CBD.
- Charlotte’s Web has the most substantial following on the internet out of all CBD companies on the market, with thousands of positive testimonials.
- The U.S. Hemp Authority awarded Charlotte’s Web a high-quality seal.
- A- rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- A 2018 report by Consumerlab.com found that a 28 mg hemp extract by Charlotte’s Web contained only 16.1 mg of CBD per dose and no other cannabinoids.
- Charlotte’s Web was given an FDA warning letter in 2017 for making false claims about CBD. However, many of the examples were from customers commenting on how much the product helped a variety of medical conditions.
- We found that Charlotte’s Web contained 19.3% fewer cannabinoids than their label suggested. It appears they have corrected the labeling issue after I published my original review and Consumerlab.com published their report on the misleading label of Charlotte’s Web. However, Charlotte’s Web’s product labeling could still be more transparent in regards to total CBD and cannabinoid levels. It is difficult for consumers to know what they are purchasing and the quantity that they are purchasing.
Other sizes available
We tested the $74.99 bottle (30 mL) of the Charlotte’s Web Extra Stength. The price drops from about 12 cents to about 9 cents per mg of CBD if you purchase the $188.99 bottle (100 mL).
|Quantity||Cost||Total estimated CBD||Cost per mg of CBD|
|1 oz. (30 mL) bottle||$74.99||608.850 mg||$0.123|
|3.38 oz. (100 mL) bottle||$188.99||2029.500 mg||$0.093|
Other Products by Charlotte’s Web
Charlotte’s Web offers CBD oil, capsules, gummies, and CBD for dogs.