About the company
Elixinol is a Colorado-based company that was founded in 2014 and has grown into one of the largest CBD brands worldwide. Their parent company is Elixinol Global, which is a large hemp food company in Australia. They distribute to more than 40 countries.
- Elixinol is a publically traded company worth more than $350 million.
- Elixinol owns 25% of Pet Releaf, which sells CBD products in over 4,000 stores.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- They brought in the 2019 New Year with advertising in NY Times Square, pushing CBD into mainstream marketing.
- Elixinol has GMP, NSF, and Organic certifications.
- USDA Organic certification (updated 9/2020).
- US Hemp Authority Certified
Nothing to see here.
Fixed (9/2020 update):
- The following conflicting THC claims were removed from the Elixinol website. Original review text: “We found conflicting information on the Elixinol website. They claimed that their CBD tincture was full spectrum, which typically includes THC. However, their certificate of analysis also claimed 0% THC. However, our lab results found over 14 mg of THC in their product.”
- The claim that hemp oil cannot get you high was removed from the Elixinol website. They still claim that “Elixinol will not get you high,” which is true for most people. However, multiple doses have the potential to make you high and Elixinol is risking legal problems by making the claim that you can’t get high from their product. Original review text: “Elixinol states on their website that “Hemp Oil is NOT Psychoactive” and “You CANNOT get ‘high’ or intoxicated by consuming CBD hemp oil or any whole, raw natural product from industrial hemp plants. Unlike medical marijuana, hemp does not contain the psychoactive properties of THC.” These statements are simply false.”
- An extensive internet search for Elixinol found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
Elixinol also offers this CBD Tincture in a potency of 3600 mg ($249.99). However, this higher potency version is not the same formula as the 300 mg ($29.99) bottle that we tested and we can’t provide information on its cannabinoid levels, accuracy, or value.
Other Products by Elixinol
Elixinol offers CBD tinctures, capsules, liposomes, water-soluble powders, skincare products, topicals, balms, oral pens, and dog treats.