About the company
Green Gorilla operates out of Malibu, California and was established in 2013. They have over 50 CBD products.
- Green Gorilla has an impressive team, which includes a CEO who was an executive film producer and a Chief Science Officer who holds a Ph.D.
- Green Gorilla owns and operates more than 1,500 acres of organic and sustainable farmland, according to its website.
- Green Gorilla products sell at more than 5,000 retailers across the U.S. and Europe. They also announced a $10 million deal with Ecobrands AS to expand throughout Europe and Scandinavia.
- CBD Balm of the Year Award – 2019 Canna Innovation Awards.
- Grade A by the Center for Food Safety.
- Green Gorilla has a misleading label. They should state how many cannabinoids are in their product, including CBD and THC levels. People may confuse the term “hemp extract” with cannabinoids or CBD milligrams. There is no reason a CBD product should have 1200 mg of the front and only contain 300 mg of CBD. The serving size does add up to 300 mg and makes this product technically accurate. However, the CBD is listed as “active CBD (25%)”, which may further confuse consumers. This product needs more transparent labeling before we could recommend it.
- The product is listed as full-spectrum, which suggests that it contains THC and other cannabinoids. However, lab A found only trace amounts of these cannabinoids and lab B found that they were below the level of detection. This is not a full-spectrum extract that is rich in other cannabinoids, according to the lab results.
- The spray function of the bottle may give inconsistent doses. We found it to fill with air, and it’s challenging to know the quantity administered. A standard 1 mL dropper would make it easier to understand your dose.
- An extensive internet search for Green Gorilla found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
Green Gorilla also offers the Full Spectrum CBD Oil in a potency of 3000 mg ($99). However, this higher potency version is not the same formula as the 1200 mg ($44.99) bottle that we tested and we can’t provide information on its cannabinoid levels, accuracy, or value.
Other Products by Green Gorilla
Green Gorilla offers CBD oils, gummies, topicals, pet products, horse products, and pure CBD.