About the company
Green Roads is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida and it’s one of the top 10 largest CBD companies.
- Green Roads was named one of the Top 5 companies by Brightfield Group, which is a leader of CBD market data and research. It’s a big company. The owner estimated $45 million of revenue in 2018 before hemp was legal, and now they’re probably pulling in hundreds of millions in revenue.
- It’s sold in over 10,000 stores, has a media presence, and won “Top CBD Product” by the Cannabis Business Awards.
- They were also one of the only companies to pass the CBD accuracy lab tests by NBC 4 New York’s investigation team.
- Investigators from 22News I-team found in May 2019 that one Green Roads product contained 10 mg of CBD per serving instead of 17 mg. Green Roads responded and claimed that the product was old and their new testing protocol is more rigorous.
- Green Roads claimed their product was broad spectrum, which suggests that it contains multiple other cannabinoids. However, it is a CBD oil that does not contain multiple other cannabinoids.
- The ingredients of Green Roads CBD Oil include vegetable glycerin, which is also known as glycerol. According to WebMD: “Glycerol is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth, short-term. Glycerol can cause side effects, including headaches, dizziness, bloating, nausea, vomiting, thirst, and diarrhea.” Vegetable glycerin is sweet and has a syrupy texture. If you were looking for a CBD oil with no flavor or a natural flavor, this is not it. However, many people dislike the natural taste of hemp and enjoy a sweet ingredient to mask it.
- CBS 58 found that the Green Roads 25 mg CBD Froggie contained less CBD than advertised and the product produced inconsistent results at two different labs. The way labs test can vary—although other products had similar results at the two labs they tested at—and edibles are hard to manufacturer consistently, according to the report. One of the Green Roads Froggies had about 50% less CBD than the other tested.
- Mlive.com investigated a Green Roads CBD oil that claimed 16.1 mg/g of CBD, and their lab only found 7.3 mg/g of CBD. Green Roads responded, “We vehemently dispute these lab results, which conflict with the multiple tests conducted on Green Roads products by the largest cannabis and hemp testing company in the US.”
- Green Roads was issued a Warning Letter by the FDA in 2017 for false medical claims, such as “Almost all studies recognize CBD’s potential in preventing both cancer spread and growth…”
- An FDA warning was issued for a Green Roads product that was labeled as a dietary supplement. The FDA makes it clear that CBD cannot be marketed as a dietary supplement. An attorney for the lab that made the Green Roads product responded to the FDA and said the FDA was wrong and CBD qualifies as a dietary ingredient. Some people may see this as a positive because they are challenging the FDA and the FDA needs to clarify their stance on CBD.
- A news report by KSAT 12 found that a 250 mg bottle of Green Roads CBD oil only contained 165 mg. A second bottle from the same batch only contained 147 mg of CBD. Green Roads responded, saying their third-party lab test showed 272 mg in a bottle from the batch in question.
Other sizes available
Green Roads also offers the CBD Oil in potencies of 100 mg ($26.99), 350 mg ($64.99), 550 mg ($84.99), 1000 mg ($162.99), 1500 mg ($209.99), and 3500 mg ($420.00). However, these higher potency versions are not the same formula as the 250 mg ($45.99) bottle that we tested and we can’t provide information on their cannabinoid levels, accuracy, or value.
Other Products by Green Roads
Green Roads offers CBD oils, gummies, capsules, terpenes, topicals, syrups, pet products, concentrates (isolate), tea, and coffees.