About the company
Koi CBD is a California company, established in 2015.
- Koi CBD uses CBD extracted from a cGMP certified facility. However, we couldn’t confirm the final product is also made in a cGMP certified facility.
- Koi CBD spends roughly $30,000 per month on lab testing to make sure its product has CBD, according to their VP of sales.
- Koi CBD has 45 employees and does $9M in revenue, according to zoominfo.com.
- We found that Koi Naturals 250 mg contained 25.2% fewer cannabinoids than suggested by the label.
- We tested this product in the past and found that it contained 19.3% fewer cannabinoids than suggested by the Koi CBD label.
- Investigators from News 4 San Antonio tested Koi CBD 250 mg and found the product came up 22% short on cannabinoids.
- While Koi CBD claims to use 99% pure CBD from a cGMP certified facility, they do not claim to make their entire product in a cGMP certified facility. A product made from start to finish in a cGMP facility is ideal.
- A woman sued Koi CBD after failing a drug test, which she claimed happened as a result of using a Koi CBD product advertised as THC free. Drug tests screen for THC. In defense of Koi CBD, she should need to prove that Koi CBD had THC in their product. We tested two Koi products and both had zero THC. The company also faces accusations that it promoted false medical claims.
- FDA warning for false medical claims about CBD fighting cancer and diabetes in 2019. (8/20 update, thanks to Youtube fan Berto).
Other sizes available
Koi CBD also offers Koi Naturals in potencies of 500 mg ($59.99), 1000 mg ($99.99), and 2000 mg ($169.99). However, these higher potency versions are not the same formula as the 250 mg ($39.95) bottle that we tested and we can’t provide information on their cannabinoid levels, accuracy, or value.
Other Products by Koi CBD
Koi CBD offers CBD tinctures, gummies, vape juices, topicals, and pet products.