About the company
Overcome LLC, formerly known as Nature’s Hemp Oil, was founded in 2017 in Kentucky. It’s a small company with under 10 employees, according to their LinkedIn profile. The founder also owns Anavii Market, a platform that sells, tests, and verifies CBD manufacturers.
- US Hemp Authority Award. This is a leading award for CBD companies.
- Overcome’s founder, Annie Rouse, is a vocal hemp advocate. She’s a hemp writer, podcaster, and founder of the non-profit Friends of Hemp.
- Their team includes a pharmacist and PHD.
- Anavii Market has strict guidelines for the CBD companies they sell on their platform. They evaluate sourcing, responsible manufacturing, extraction methods, third party testing, company values, social causes, employee happiness, and the founder works with the US Hemp Authority. These are some of the same things I look for while reviewing CBD companies. Overcome should have great products if they adhere to the standards that its founder sets for other CBD companies.
- Anavii Market has great reviews on trustpilot.com, a business review site.
- 1% of profits benefit Lyme Disease research and education.
- Anavii Market could be more transparent about their relationship with Overcome. Anavii Market claims that Overcome passed their “third-party verification” system, but they do not mention the relationship between the companies. The Anavii Market founder does state that she’s also the founder of Overcome in a “How to use Overcome” video. However, the video is easy to miss and many people won’t know that these brands are linked. Anavii claims that they are “THE LEADER IN CBD OIL VERIFICATION.” There is a conflict of interest when a third-party verification company (Anavii Market) is verifying a product (Overcome) that shares the same address and founder. However, this shouldn’t be a problem if they make their disclosure more apparent. As stated above, if Overcome adheres to the strict guidelines set by Anavii Market, it should be a great product.
- An extensive internet search for Overcome, Nature’s Hemp Oil, and Anavii Market, found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices (except for the undisclosed conflict of interest mentioned above).
Other sizes available
We tested the $62 bottle (30 mL) of their 500 mg strength, and that came in at 13.8 cents per mg of CBD. We also tested their $33 bottle (30 mL) of their 250 mg strength, which was also about 13.8 cents per mg of CBD. There was no advantage in buying their more expensive bottle. They also offer a 1500 mg bottle for $150, but it’s unclear how many milligrams of CBD it contains.
Other Products by Overcome
Overcome offers a small line of CBD extracts, capsules, pet products, and topicals.