About the company
Plant People was founded in 2017 in New York. They’re a small CBD company with under 50 employees and are best known for planting a tree for every product sold.
- They plant a tree for every product sold, which is a bold claim. Plant People’s official partner is American Forests, a reputable non-profit established in 1875. American Forests is scheduled to plant 4 billion trees by 2030, and it’s plausible that Plant People will fund a small portion of those. I think they’re going to plant those trees, which is a win for the environment.
- Plant People claim that they are USDA Organic, non-GMO, and vegan.
- Two lab tests paid for by CBD Examine found that their 720mg Drops+ relief had more cannabinoids than suggested by Plant People label. Reliability becomes questionable when a lab finds a product’s accuracy is off by more than 20%. The product’s label claims “full-spectrum,” which suggests THC, but our tests found non-detectable levels of THC. False THC claims are a problem in the CBD industry. Plant People does offer excellent customer service and access to lab results, but there is no reason a product with NO THC should have labeling that suggests it DOES HAVE THC.
- There’s not much on Plant People as a company. I couldn’t find a Better Business Bureau profile or reviews from other business websites. However, sometimes no news is good news with CBD companies.
- The Plant People Drops, 630 mg, states explicitly on the label that it is “known to reduce anxiety and pain.” The FDA has made it clear that you can’t market CBD products for anxiety or pain. Violating FDA rules may lead to stricter regulation on the entire industry to protect consumers from “snake oil” claims. There is preliminary research on CBD, anxiety, and pain, as well as positive survey results. Some people will question the reliability of a company that makes unsubstantiated CBD claims, while other people believe that companies spreading this information may help people find relief.
- Plant People did not specify CBD levels on their product labeling at the time of this review. It’s a CBD product, make it easier to find the amount of CBD in it.
An extensive internet search for Plant People found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
We tested the $79 bottle (30 mL) of their 720 mg Drops+ Relief. They also make this in a 360mg formula for $50 or a 1440mg formula for $120.
Other Products by Plant People
Plant People offers CBD tinctures, capsules, and topicals.