About the company
- Populum claims to bottle in a GMP certified facility. (However, we could not verify those claims).
- The founder, Gunhee Park, is a vocal advocate of CBD. Gunhee championed for CBD to be legal nationwide, at a time when that could have put a target on his company.
- Populum is bringing CBD to boxing, with an endorsement from boxing champ Terence Crawford.
- Populum has an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau with zero consumer complaints.
- Our lab tests found that Populum had more cannabinoids than claimed by their label, within 11% accuracy.
- We found that Populum’s “Full Spectrum Hemp Oil” claims were inconstant. The serving info added up to 312 mg for their 250 mg bottle.
- They are a small operation with less than ten people.
- Populum sells on Amazon. Amazon specifically does not allow CBD or THC products. CBD companies that sell on Amazon are not transparent about what’s in their products.
- Populum’s cost per milligram of CBD was about $0.25, which is expensive.
- An extensive internet search for Populum found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
Populum also offers their “Full Spectrum Hemp Oil” in potencies of 500 mg ($99) and 1000 mg ($179.99). However, these higher potency versions are not the same formula as the 250 mg ($59) bottle that we tested and we can’t provide information on their cannabinoid levels, accuracy, or value.
Other Products by Populum
Populum offers CBD oil, capsules, rubs, and pet products.