About the company
Real Scientific Hemp Oil (RSHO) is a subsidiary of Medical Marijuana Inc., the first publicly traded cannabis company and worth over $200 million. Medical Marijuana Inc. was founded in Poway, California in 2009. HempMeds distributes RSHO.
- The amount of CBD we found in the RSHO bottle that we tested was within 0.3% of what they claimed. This is significantly better than most hemp companies.
- RSHO is backed by a massive company with access to hemp technology and advanced testing equipment.
- Forbes has published several colorful articles that depicted Medical Marijuana Inc. as a web of investments linked to criminal allegations (article 1, article 2, article 3). Their Wikipedia article is equally troublesome. Bruce Perlowin (who spent nine years in prison for drug smuggling) and Don Steinberg (who also served time for drug smuggling) started Medical Marijuana Inc. Michael Llama was Medical Marijuana’s first CEO, but was indicted for alleged mortgage fraud. Michael Mona joined the company, and went on to be charged with fraud by the SEC for his alleged involvement in CannaVest. CannaVest (CV Sciences and PlusCBD Oil) and several other companies are also linked to Medical Marijuana Inc.
- RSHO’s ingredients list “CBD from seed and stalk of hemp plant, mct.” CBD comes from cannabis or hemp flower. Hemp from “seed or stalk” is often used to describe hemp seed oil, which contains no CBD or THC.
- Project CBD accused RSHO of testing positive for toxic solvents in a 30-page investigational piece. However, the lab that tested the products said the results were false (or preliminary) and Project CBD is being sued for $100 million by Medical Marijuana Inc.
Other sizes available
RSHO also offers the Blue Label in potencies of 500 mg ($78.99) and 1000 mg ($128.99). However, these higher potency versions are not the same formula as the 100 mg ($29) bottle that we tested and we can’t provide information on their cannabinoid levels, accuracy, or value.
Other Products by RSHO
RSHO offers CBD tinctures, body care, skin care, hair care, vapes, capsules, edibles, pet products, and pure CBD.