About the company
Select CBD is a brand by Cura Cannabis Solutions. Cura is estimated to have over 500 employees who generate over $100 million in annual revenue. They were founded in Portland, Oregon in 2015. Update: Select CBD and Cura were purchased for nearly $1 billion in 2019 by Curaleaf Holdings, a publicly-traded company worth over $4.5 billion and now the largest cannabis company worldwide.
- The Select CBD product that we tested was within 4.3% of the CBD level they claimed. Compare it to our other product reviews and you’ll find that Select CBD is a top-tier company.
- Select CBD was ranked as the #1 company to work for in Oregon by Inc. Magazine. They also ranked 45 out of 5000 companies nationwide. Select CBD is the only cannabis company to make it into the top 50 companies by Inc. magazine. Happy employees make happy CBD customers.
- They won the 2017 Best Concentrate Company Award by Dope Magazine and became the most widely purchased CBD in California for its category.
- The’ve achieved an A- rating by the Better Business Bureau. Despite eight years of business, Select’s new owner, Curaleaf, is not rated by the Better Business Bureau.
- Select has an excellent rating on TrustPilot.com, a website that builds trust in businesses through user reviews.
- One of the few products found to contain the CBD levels it advertised in a 2017 study was Select CBD. They claim their results are accurate because they use an ISO-rated lab for all products.
- Montel endorses Select CBD.
- From Select CBD’s original owner, Cura Cannabis, to the near billion-dollar acquisition by Curaleaf Holdings, the founders have been in trouble. Allegations range from rape and wire fraud to a real-estate scandal that lost people’s retirement money. One of the founder is currently serving a 3-year prison sentence but will be a rich man when he gets out. The Oregonian lays out the troubling details of Select CBD’s past in this article.
- A great grandmother was arrested in Disney World for having a Select CBD product that tested positive for THC. She was jailed in Florida in May of 2019 for felony charges of possession of hash. In defense of Select CBD, field tests are not accurate. Pure CBD products can falsely test positive as THC in these cheap field test kits used by law enforcement, according to news and lab reports. Also, what kind of monster arrests at grandmother at Disney World for having a federally legal CBD product?
- The FDA issued Curaleaf a warning letter for making false medical claims about CBD. Curaleaf investors are suing their own company and CVS is removing Curaleaf products from their shelves.
Other Products by Select CBD
Select CBD offers CBD drops, vape pens, capsules, topicals, and pet products.