About the company
Sunsoil, formerly known as Green Mountain CBD, was founded in 2015. They operate on over 100 acres of USDA organic certified farmland in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
- Our lab tests found that Sunsoil was within 0.3% of the amount of CBD their label claims. They are extremely accurate.
- Sunsoil received a $7 million investment in 2018 to expand operations.
- Sunsoil joined 1% for the Planet, committing to donate 1% of annual sales to environmental non-profits.
- They have their own USDA organic certified farm, which allows Sunsoil to control their hemp extracts from seed to final product.
- Sunsoil provided a lab test on their website that showed their full-spectrum CBD oil had almost no THC or below the limit of quantification. Our lab tests found this product had over 22 mg of THC. This product is listed as “full spectrum,” which suggests that it has THC, but Sunsoil’s lab tests should have also listed THC.
- Sunsoil promotes their full-spectrum CBD oil as “Pet Friendly.” However, the FDA requires specific labeling for pet supplements to keep pets safe, such as species and feeding directions. Human doses of THC might not sit well with your pet. Most reputable CBD companies keep their human and pet products separate.
- A man lost his Job because he allegedly used a Green Mountain CBD product that contained THC, but had no warning. Green Mountain CBD responded, saying that a lab analysis could be found on their website. However, months later, we at CBDexamine.com found THC in a product that Sunsoil’s lab test claimed had no THC or below the limit of quantification.
- An extensive internet search for Sunsoil and Green Mountain CBD found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
They also make the “Sunsoil Full Spectrum CBD” in a 1200 mg potency for $60. However, it’s double the cost of the 600 mg bottle ($30) that we tested. There’s no cost savings.
Other Products by Sunsoil
Sunsoil offers CBD tinctures, capsules, and coconut oil.