About the company
Sunsoil, formerly known as Green Mountain CBD, was founded in 2015. They operate on over 100 acres of USDA organic certified farmland in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
- Our lab tests found that Sunsoil was within 0.3% of the amount of CBD their label claims. They are extremely accurate.
- Sunsoil received a $7 million investment in 2018 to expand operations.
- Sunsoil joined 1% for the Planet, committing to donate 1% of annual sales to environmental non-profits.
- They have their own USDA organic certified farm, which allows Sunsoil to control their hemp extracts from seed to final product.
- Their prices are the lowest we have seen of a USDA Organic CBD.
- Update (6/2020): Concerns we originally had have been addressed by Sunsoil (see below). We are in the process of updating this review and retesting this product for 2020.
Fixed: The lab test on Sunsoil’s website showed that Sunsoil had almost no THC or below the limit of quantification (LOQ). CBD Examine’s lab found 0.37 mg of THC. However, 0.37 mg of THC is below the level of quantification for many labs. This suggests the original lab result they provided us with is accurate and honest when compared to CBD Examine’s lab test. In addition, Sunsoil now provides lab tests from a third-party laboratory that includes more specific THC levels. Their product label clearly states “full spectrum,” which suggests THC, but it would be nice if they provided a clearer warning on their website about full-spectrum products and drug tests.
Original text: Sunsoil provided a lab test on their website that showed their full-spectrum CBD oil had almost no THC or below the limit of quantification. Our lab tests found this product had over 22 mg of THC. This product is listed as “full spectrum,” which suggests that it has THC, but Sunsoil’s lab tests should have also listed THC. A man lost his Job because he allegedly used a Green Mountain CBD product that contained THC, but had no warning. Green Mountain CBD responded, saying that a lab analysis could be found on their website. However, months later, we at CBDexamine.com found THC in a product that Sunsoil’s lab test claimed had almost no THC or below the limit of quantification.
Fixed All “pet friendly” marketing was removed from their website for human products.
Original text: Sunsoil promotes their full-spectrum CBD oil as “Pet Friendly.” However, the FDA requires specific labeling for pet supplements to keep pets safe, such as species and feeding directions. Human doses of THC might not sit well with your pet. Most reputable CBD companies keep their human and pet products separate.
- An extensive internet search for Sunsoil and Green Mountain CBD found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
They also make the “Sunsoil Full Spectrum CBD” in a 1200 mg potency for $60. However, it’s double the cost of the 600 mg bottle ($30) that we tested. There’s no cost savings.
Other Products by Sunsoil
Sunsoil offers CBD tinctures, capsules, and coconut oil.