Veritas Farms looks like something you would see in a luxury spa. I’ve not seen such luxuries, but I can imagine. Veritas Farms has fancy-schmancy packaging that also says, “we’re a small farm in Colorado that uses sustainable farming practices.”
Accuracy: It’s accurate. If you go buy CBD levels, Veritas Farms is exceptionally accurate. I would like to see more transparency on CBD levels.
Cost: The cost is about 10 cents per milligram of CBD. The average is 15 cents but some of the big companies go as low as 2 cents. Veritas Farms is priced well for a small farm in Colorado that makes premium products without pesticides.
Taste: I tried the watermelon. The taste lingers in between a watermelon jolly rancher and watermelon gum. Sweet, but maybe not as sweet as candy. It’s flavored with stevia. The taste is excellent, one of the best CBDs I’ve tried. It’s shocking how far CBD companies have come in masking the harsh flavor or hemp. This tincture has the cannabinoids of a full-spectrum extract without the earthy hemp flavor. I would give this to a first timer as a gift to open their eyes to CBD. This is also offered without flavor or peppermint flavor, which I’m sure will be great.
Strength: About 17 milligrams is a good starting point for CBD. The 0.6 mg of THC is also enough to have some of the benefits of THC without the side effects. 0.6 mg of THC daily will risk a failed drug test. See more about dosing here.
Overall: This would make for a fantastic gift for a new CBD user or yourself. Veritas Farms uses natural practice and sustainable farming. Major retailers back it (see below). The taste is excellent. The packaging is superb. This is for someone who wants a full-spectrum hemp but with low THC. This is not for someone that needs large quantities of CBD at the lowest price. Veritas Farms does not offer discounts for their more expensive bottles. So, there’s no point in buying more than this $50 bottle because the price per milligram of CBD doesn’t go down. However, I give this smaller 500 mg bottle the green light. Treat yourself.
About the company
Veritas Farms is an actual 140-acre farm in Colorado, born in 2015. They are a small CBD company that controls their hemp from seed to sale. Veritas Farms claims to use sustainable farming practices and never uses any pesticides or herbicides. They’ve recently gained popularity in most online CBD stores and can be found on the shelves of major retailers such as Kroger and CVS.
- Small farms that grow and process their own hemp can produce consistent results. A manufacturer that purchases from multiple farms may run into consistency or safety issues from some of the unique characters growing fields of hemp.
- Veritas Farms has an FDA chemist on their team.
- Veritas gained a large amount of credibility from being sold in mainstream retailers. I initially wanted to test their product after seeing Veritas Farms show up in multiple online stores.
- Veritas tested well with CBD Examine.
- 2019 award for CBD pet products.
- A+ Better Business Bureau score.
- It’s a small company and won’t have some of the deep discounts larger hemp companies can offer.
- Veritas does not specify CBD content. I test CBD companies for transparency and that’s a mark against them. However, many large CBD companies no longer list CBD content because their marketing and retail partners prohibit them.
An extensive internet search for Veritas Farms and found no reports of inconsistency, toxins, pesticides, metals, fake products, or unethical business practices.
Other sizes available
Veritas Farms makes this product in 250 mg, 500 mg (we reviewed the 500 mg), 1000 mg, 1500 mg, and 2000 mg potencies. However, there’s no price discount on the large bottles.
Other Products by Veritas Farms
Veritas Farms offers CBD extracts, capsules, pet products, gummies, topicals, skin care, and gift bundles.